Friday, December 10, 2010

my three dollar ruffle dress

Black Dress 640
Black Dress 640_2
A few weeks ago I felt the need to have more ruffles in my life. I bid on a few dresses on Ebay, but didn't win any, and I looked in a few shops but couldn't find what I was after (and I wasn't willing to spend what they were asking). So I set out to make the dress I was looking for - I used some old black cotton fabric I had at home. Its probably not the most ideal fabric, but its simple and quite cool. I made the pattern up using some of my old dresses and some good old gestimation. And all it cost me was a few hours out of a lazy weekend, and $3 for a piece of elastic for around the waist.
I'm really happy with the outcome, perfect for summer night outings!

1 comment:

  1. Well done kirsty it looks amazing and I am sure it will look good on - black is so forgiving.

    ReplyDelete