Friday, December 10, 2010

O Holy Night - Christmas Bunting

I've been dreaming of making Christmas bunting out of Christmas carols lyrics for years, and this year I finally decided to stop thinking about it, and do it. O Holy Night is my husbands favourite Christmas carol, and he insisted that I incorporate his favourite line "fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices." The whole carol is quite long, especially when you consider cutting each letter out by hand, so I just stuck with four lines. Four beautiful lines.

Each letter was cut out by hand, and then using a sewing machine and white cotton (to match our wall colour) I joined them all together. I left a lot of extra cotton hanging at each end so that we can move them around the house, and even outside for parties and the like. I cant quite work out the best way to attach them to the walls without sticking a nail in, so for now there is some daggy blue tac holding them in place.
Christmas Bunting 640_3
Christmas Bunting 640_1
Christmas Bunting 640_2

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! Clear 3M hooks might be the answer to hanging it, Kirk.

    ReplyDelete