Wednesday, February 2, 2011

three

Card_1
Card_2
At about 1am on 20th of December 2010 we found out that we were pregnant. It was very exciting! Maybe a little too exciting for 1am. We didn't sleep very much that night. We've been keeping it quiet for the last 6 weeks or so, but now the news is out, and its nice not to have to keep it quiet for any longer. What a relief!

My lovely husband just so wonderful, and it's beautiful to think of him as a dad to be. In his excitement he found this card. I think I cried a little. He also picked up a great book called "What to Expect when you're Expecting" which is such a great and helpful read. Anyway I'm sure I could ramble on forever about him, and it and us.

At first I felt like 9 months was way too long to wait, but the more I think about the practical things that we need to do around the house, new cars etc, let alone all the parenting style decisions and emotional preparation things, I sometimes don't think that it's long enough. But, either way it's going to work out and it's going to be wonderful & exciting!

Baby Bean (his/her original name) has now been changed to Batman. We felt it was a little more versatile.

3 comments:

  1. Cute card. Isn't bat man a boys name? Have you had the first scan? EXTREME LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose Batman really is a boys name, so hopefully if it is a girl, she will forgive us for this. We dont want to find out the gender until the birth.
    Batman is just easier i think, so people can be like, "hey, how is Batman going today?" It's less schmoopy and serious than Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing congrats enjoy the next 8 months even if it is horrible

    ReplyDelete